Tuesday, 1 July 2014

A new home card


I am so sorry for my absence, have not had a minute since I took the rather stupid decision to become a Parish Councillor.  What is wrong with me?  I am always short of time and what do I do add that into the equation!   I also become the Editor of a brand new "rag" for my village which I am just LOVING. Hindsight is a fabulous thing and had a realised just how much work there was on the council I would have run a mile in the opposite direction.  I hope it will settle down a bit.

I currently have an unfinished jacket denim jacket - it's nearly there but getting nowhere as I am spending a lot of time out in the garden and doing other things whilst the weather is nice.  I almost wish for rain so that I can get some sewing done but then I remember the horrendous wet January and February and cancel the wish rather quickly.   We have been doing a lot of work in the garden including veg and fruit which I am sure you know takes a fair bit of work.

We had a fantastic ten days in the Lake District in our camper, just the three of us (me, hubby and the dog), actually I don't know why I say just the three of us as there is only the three of us LOL!  Here are a few photos for you to have a look at.

We had a mix of weather which is usual in the lakes and you can literally be on one mountain and it not be raining and move on to the next to find it has lashed it down.  Keswick was lovely as was Penrith - if you are ever in Penrith go into the George - it's like going back 100 years, through a revolving door with silver tea pots and waitress service, all in black and white - truly lovely experience.

 The Lakes are truly beautiful and one of my favourite places in the UK, ever changing landscape and breathtaking scenery.

We went to Carlisle where I spent my early years to have a look at the house I used to live in and where we used to play as kids etc, it was very emotional but lovely to go back and see things through older eyes.  I recognised a lot of the places we went, everything seemed so much smaller than I remember, but I suppose the walk to the Saturday picture show would have seemed miles for my little four year old legs.  We visited the castle too which is completely dog friendly - it was chucking it down but never the less we had a good time.  Carlisle has a lovely shopping centre and a really nice Cathedral, I would really recommend a visit.

After Carlisle we drove up to Hadrian's wall, well a bit of it that's left and then for the first time Phillip took a step into Scotland - not the first time for me as my Dad is Scottish.  We literally whipped over the border to Gretna Green - no time to go any further.

And finally a very quick new home card.....  Kx


1 comment:

Annette-California said...

Congrats on becoming a Parish Councillor and Editor! Beautiful getaway and I enjoyed the lovely scenery photos. Thank you for sharing. love Annette